Sport at All Saints'
Our Sports Vision
Our vision is for all children at All Saints’ to experience a first class, high quality physical education in order to:
- improve their health, physical and mental well-being
- provide high quality opportunities and outcomes
- assist each individual to reach and fulfil their potential
- encourage community involvement and responsibility
- promote lifelong learning, active participation and competition
- raise achievement and support excellence
- inspire each individual to find enjoyment in physical activity
- build relationships within a sporting community
- strengthen the Christian Values of Justice (fair play), Trust (inclusion) and Perseverance (stamina and having a go)
This year we have been awarded the top sports mark – platinum in recognition of the wide variety of sporting activities we offer all our children. In 2018-2019 we ran a wide variety of extra-curricular activites throughout the day including football, gymnastics, netball, hockey, cricket, tennis, running, dodgeball, fencing and archery. Our year 6 children had leadership training and ran their own lunchtime clubs for the younger children. We have seen a huge increase in the number of children particpating in extra curricular activities.
As well as clubs, our children have also taken part in a huge number of competitions including football, netball (high-fives) tag-rugby, rounders, cricket, tennis, athletics, golf and swimming.
Sports Premium Grant
The Sports Premium is allocated to all schools to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE lessons.
Click on the link to see how we have used our Sports Premium Grant this year.