At All Saints’ we aim to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, embedding key skills whilst bringing learning to life. We aim to offer a curriculum that is exciting and challenging which will actively engage pupils in their learning and extend beyond isolated subject lessons. We promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and social development of all pupils and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- To inspire our children by providing a curriculum that is creative that is responsive and enables children to lead their own learning, equipping them with the skills required within real life situations e.g. problem solving, team work, co-operation and higher order thinking skills.
- Develop and foster enjoyment, providing a range of enriched activities that blur subject boundaries creating direct links to enable skills to be applied.
- To cherish our children encouraging respect for one another. We aim to provide a caring environment where children are inspired by their learning and empowered to achieve and feel valued as individuals.
- Allow our children to achieve, by challenging and supporting them, ensuring all of our children make at least good progress reflecting the commitment and support of our teaching staff.
Our curriculum has been organised into six themes per academic year for class. Each topic has been given a key focus History/Geography/Science and Art/DT will also be encompassed. Children also have separate lessons in P.E., computing, music, R.E and French but where links can be made, teachers plan to make them clear to children. The aims of our creative curriculum are to:
- Encourage an enquiry based approach to learning, raising attainment through bringing learning to life’
- Provide meaningful contexts that are age appropriate for all pupils
- Increase children’s motivation, enthusiasm and engagement in their learning
- Involve our children in decision-making about their learning, allowing them choice and independence
- Ensure that children have essential learning skills across the whole curriculum
- Establish strong cross-curricular links to ensure a broader understanding and an exciting context to stimulate and enthuse children
- Embed key skills in order to prepare children for real-life and everyday situations
- Use a wealth of relevant resources – in classrooms, outdoors, in the local community and the wider area, including visits and visitors
- Allow children to demonstrate their learning in different ways – for example, through photographs, posters, products, presentations, performances and computing.
For more information about the curriculum in each year group, please click on the links below:
Reading & Phonics
Throughout the school we use Collins Reading Scheme and follow Letters & Sounds and Jolly Phonics. We promote a love of reading throughout our curriculum and offer our children a wide variety of activities to engage them.
All children at All Saints’ will be given the opportunity to learn in a creative and encouraging learning environment which encompasses a range of learning and teaching styles. Every pupil will have equal access to the curriculum and will be treated fairly.
In accordance with the 1994 Education Act, Religious Education is a compulsory part of the school curriculum. A daily collective Act of Worship is also held in accordance with current requirements. Parents have the right to withdraw their children from Religious Education or the daily Act of Worship but this matter should be discussed with the Headteacher.